Tuesday, November 10, 2009

On Drivers Who Must Be Allergic To Their Brake-Pedals

I went for a walk today, to try and buy some wool. The wool-shop was closed, but it was a gorgeous day for a walk. I ended up buying some delicious food from the store, of which I have eaten a healthy amount.

In the process of reaching the closed wool-shop, I was almost schmunched by a car.

It was a silver car, quite nice, and the driver was turning a corner in full view of moi. I was crossing the street on a green light in the cross-walk. The car swerved a little, like to try and "sneak by" me, but then realised it wouldn't work so they ACTUALLY tapped their brakes. I still had to run a little in order to not be clipped.

This event gave me the excuse to, once again, in my country-girl, trucker-swearing, backwaters-chick manner, to shoot the driver "the bird". It felt good, for a minute, then I was angry. I walked off the steam, up to the closed wool-shop and back home (via the market for previously-mentioned delicious-foodstuffs).

Now, I came to a job-search conclusion. Is it possible to be an undercover vigilante who hands out citizen's arrests AND is it possible to get paid for this? That would be an easy job.

No comments: